We all love a nice, cold glass of milk.
But what’s in that whole milk we all love so much?
- For starters, antibiotics are used to fatten cows up so their meat will sell for more. That carries over into your milk and could be contributing to an antibiotic resistance in your body’s microbes.
- Conventional milk is homogenized, creating free radicals and resulting in intestinal inflammation.
- Alternative canned + boxed milks often have gums and carcinogens as thickeners that can cause irritation, allergies, and further digestive issues for many of us with already compromised immune systems.
So, what are we supposed to do?
Give up milk? Gasp, never!
Do not fear because this is the best 5 minute coconut milk recipe ever. So easy to make, delicious, and free of additives and gums!
- 4+ cups of water
- 2 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut
- A blender
- A nut milk bag
- Boil water till bubbling.
- Put coconut and hot water in blender. Let it steep for 2-3 min.
That’s it people!
So yummy. You can save the coconut fat that forms on top of the milk to keep as a whip cream, thickener, or for a dessert. Had it in my smoothie this morning and it settled very well in my tummy after a not-so-fun stomach spasm/attack the night before. I’m all about this recipe.
If you’re interested in the glass milk jar I used, it was inexpensive and you can find it here on Amazon.
Let me know if you try it!