Hello SIBOs and health conscious beauts.
I am still waiting on the results of my hydrogen breath test. The road to healing is a long one and bumpy one. I have dropped to 95 pounds and I have a lot of anxiety about eating because I never know how my tummy will respond.
I decided to stick to a low FODMAPs and SCD diet in the meantime (because if results are positive, I’ll have to get used to this diet anyway). I was browsing the SIBO Center’s meal plans and came across a carrot ginger soup. Normally, I’m not a huge fan of carrot soups… but I decided it’d be good for my tummy and I could do a little bit of tweaking.
So with that, I bring you my carrot ginger soup with turmeric! Good for the gut. Set really well with me. (Also featured are zucchini fries which I will add a recipe for a little later.)
20 – 30 MIN
- Carrots (I just used a bag of the small kind you snack on)
- Fresh ginger
- Chicken Broth (can use whatever broth you tolerate)
- Green Onions or Scallions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Nutribullet or blender
- Ghee, Coconut Oil, or appropriate fat substitute
- Sauté green onions, or scallions, in fat of choice for about 2-3 min. I used ghee.
- Throw in carrots. I used about 2-3 handfuls to make one serving of soup. Add spices and continue to sauté about 5 minutes or so.
- Add about 1.5-2 cups of broth for one serving of soup. Add more as needed.
- I let it cook until my carrots were soft. Keep stirring and keep a fork nearby to check on your carrots.
- Once carrots are tender, remove pot from the stove. Let it cool for about 5 minutes and then add to your blender or nutribullet.
- Blend and enjoy 🙂
Note: I don’t add exact measurements because everyone can tolerate foods differently and likes different flavoring. You can play with the measurements. But as long as you have these ingredients, you’re good to go!