Hello fellow SCDers and lovers of gelatin/Jello!
Personally, I’ve never been a large fan of Jello myself, but when I saw the SCD intro diet… I knew I would need a little something extra with only eating eggs and meat. So I am very glad we were allowed some tasty gelatin (even if I had to make it from scratch).
I had never touched a Jello snack pack, much less tried to make it at home, so I am very very happy I found the lovely Mama Natural on Youtube. Bless her sweet soul because I would have been lost if I didn’t have a video showing me what to do.
I am super happy with the way mine turned out – hope this brings you some success in your intro diets or quest to find things that are easy to digest for your tummy!!
Prep Time: 15 min
- 2 cups of SCD approved OJ (or other approved juice)
- Unsweetened gelatin packet
- Optional: manuka honey or stevia
- Put 1/2 cup of OJ into a pot and put on low heat till it gets hot.
- Put 2 tbs of gelatin into OJ and mix until it completely dissolves.
- Remove from heat and mix 1 1/2 cups of remaining OJ into your mixture.
- Stick in a pan (I bought a disposable one at Publix) and let it cool at least 3-4 hours. I just put it in overnight.
That is literally it! So easy! It turned out great my first try. I didn’t add any honey because the OJ is already pretty sweet. Mama Natural’s video can be found here if you’re a visual person like I am and need to see it. If it’s too sweet or you’re using a stronger juice (like cranberry) you can use half juice half water! Really, it’s up to you. But this is a SUPER easy treat to make. Much love and healing to you all 🙂