Hello, health warriors!
How are you doing?
I wish we could meet face-to-face and create these recipes, go on walks, and do some yoga together. But for now, we’ll have to settle for online friendship.
Many of you are curious as to what I eat on a regular basis. I love me a good smoothie, or shake, for breakfast. In liquid form, they’re already broken down, which takes chewing out of the equation and creates an opportunity for your body to more easily digest your meal.
So, if you’re interested in a liquid breakfast, what should you have?
You can blend pretty much everything, right?
Well, for a while, I loved me a good fruit smoothie (and I still do). With SIBO, I had no issues with fruit. In fact, it really helped me go to the bathroom, if you know what I’m saying.
But recently, I have felt a little queasy after my morning fruit smoothies. After a few mornings of this, I decided to listen to my body and do something different. I got on a call with my nutritionist and she recommended adding more proteins and fats!
That may be why some of you with SIBO may not respond super well to fruits, depending on the current condition of your gut.
If you don’t seem to tolerate fruit, or you just want to reduce your intake a little, I’ve been experimenting with this super tasty fruitless protein shake.
As always please modify to your level of toleration. Remember, our microbiomes are not created equally. So, especially if you’ve never used these supplements, practice titration and start SLOW. (Although, I did very well with them and collagen and protein are both known to be extremely effective at healing and sealing the gut.)
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1.5 cups of coconut milk/water
- 1 tbsp cacao powder (this is what I use)
- 3/4 Scoop of Ancient Nutrition’s Pure Bone Broth Protein
- 1 Scoop of Vital Proteins collagen peptides OR gelatin
- 1 tsp of Ceylon Cinammon
- Honey to taste
- Blend ingredients, add 2 ice cubes, and enjoy! Note: If you use gelatin, I tend to add it last because it tends to get gelatinous the longer it sits. You can use whatever you have on hand. And for the milk as well! This is so yummy + healing for your gut.
Hope you enjoy! Let me know if you try it.